Throw him to the lions!
Why is that sometimes even if you are excused after committing a mistake, you continue to feel guilty? Sometimes I find that when the authority acts leniently rather than taking strict disciplinary action, it makes me feel even worse. Guess, I’ve been brought up that way or thanks to my severely strict schooling.
Sounds weird, I presume, to ask for a ‘sentence’ rather than get away without it. Trust me; punishment makes you feel much better after committing a mistake. But, getting away without it is what makes you feel disgusted and cheated. I don’t know whether this is a unique feeling nor do I know if anyone has experienced it before.
Señor Orkut Büyükkökten’s today’s fortune for me: The star of guilt is shining upon you. Beat that!!!
Sounds weird, I presume, to ask for a ‘sentence’ rather than get away without it. Trust me; punishment makes you feel much better after committing a mistake. But, getting away without it is what makes you feel disgusted and cheated. I don’t know whether this is a unique feeling nor do I know if anyone has experienced it before.
Señor Orkut Büyükkökten’s today’s fortune for me: The star of guilt is shining upon you. Beat that!!!

10 Comments:
i guess Prak, as we grow outta the school phase into more mature beings(hopefully), the 'sentence' looses its importance,unless ofcourse u've committed a heinous crime..
The best form of the 'sentence' then is jus ur conscious,feeling guilty is half the wrk done..if uve hurt someone or the like then an appology wud come in nxt..
So dont kill urself over it..its only human to err..so move ahead..every mistake is a lesson learnt!
Can we be a little explicit here! This blog is my only way of knowing what's happening!!!!
something to do with the policing duty missing thing? clientu, not to worry! that guilts punishing you fine....so feel guilty for awhile, be satisfied that you got your punishment and move on!:)
^:)^
@Ups and consu - thanks for the suggestion. I agree that as we supposedly become mature, 'sentences' seem less important for the authority. Neways, I rightly agreed to make up for my mistake though.
@Anon-1 - This technologically-challeged individual can be reached via other means too (other than this stupid blog) viz
1) Email
2) Telephone
3) Messenger (yahoo/hotmail/rediff/AOL)
4) Radio no. 4319 (800 MHz)
5) Amateur Radio VU2HKP on 10 and 20 meter bands on weekends.
6) If that wasn't enough we'll be getting satellite radios soon.
Maazun ghetlo mi. ;)
@Anon-2 ^:)^
farch maazlas:-( Maybe coz you know who I am!!! :-(
good to see the anon1's comments. (this is yet another anon)
Severely strict schooling? Didn't we go to the same school? Are you kidding?
oye...kya hua tujhe.. itna kya galti kiya ki guily feel ho rahan hain?
@Anon1 'n allies - If you knew I would know why were you afraid of writing your name??? :P Neways that maaz was essential to boost my spirits
@Sean - Don't tell me Loyola wasn't strict. That we broke the rules was a different question.
@Adarsh. Light le yaar. Sab thik ho gaya abhi. :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home