Monday, April 11, 2005

Miles to go before I break down and sleep….

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Robert Frost could not have done better justice to my position. After the first unsuccessful attempt at the Driver’s License centre due to lack of proper documents, I made tried my luck again today. Got up with a gr8 body-ache after tiring each cell in my body by playing basketball yesterday. Had no urge to even get up. But had to make it to the centre by 10:00.

Walked to the International Student’s Centre at 8:15 a.m. and woke them up from their deep slumber. Was the only person idling in the bus to the Exam centre. The bus driver made some futile attempts to strike a conversation with me, but found me deeply engrossed in the booklet – reading the rules for the exam.

30 minutes passed - I thought we should have reached the Exam centre by now. Peeped outside the window and found to my horror that we were miles past the Exam centre. Heavens!! I screamed. He jammed the brakes and the bus came to a grinding halt. We were a mile from the exam centre. The driver apologized profusely. Had no option but to walk back one mile. :-(

Reached the centre to find it totally deserted. Just one guy punching something into his computer. Was puzzled. Ran up and down the hallway like a hungry wolf. Anxiety at its best. That guy seemed excited. “Its Monday today” he grunted. So what?? It’s a holiday!!! Holy shit!! Second unsuccessful attempt. Came out of the centre ‘n found that the next bus back to the mall was after 3 hours.

Packed my bag and hit the road – 10 miles hike. My body aches and my bones crackle as though they are being fed to the lions :-(

Enjoy the poem by Robert Frost till then....

Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village, though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it's queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there's some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep. -Robert Frost

7 Comments:

Blogger Aniket said...

Sorry... seems like tough day...
but "fed to lions"... he he he...
POEM...dude u do need some rest... so go n sleep [:)]...

Tuesday, April 12, 2005 1:09:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hard luck dude

Tuesday, April 12, 2005 11:15:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isiliye bola tha mere saath chal license ko. Bado ki baat nahi maanega toh aisa hi hoga.

Tuesday, April 12, 2005 6:49:00 PM  
Blogger Prakash said...

Badeeeeeeeee miyan aajkal kuch jyaada hi bol rahe hain X-(

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 9:19:00 AM  
Blogger rujuta said...

lovely peom! you siad there were other versions, denar hotas na mala?
went to school wearing your t shirt today! thanks clientu!
consu.

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 8:54:00 PM  
Blogger Prakash said...

I'm blessed consu [:D]

Thursday, April 14, 2005 12:24:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mala pan T-shirt!! :-(

Friday, April 15, 2005 12:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home