Hum-Drum!!!
With Hum Dum, we have reached the threshold of Indian cinema. A threshold no filmmaker will dare to cross. As Sheroo puts it “Isse bekaar movie hum bana hi nahi sakte yaar”. Actually, this is a movie not even worth writing about. But, today I’m absolutely drunk after seeing this movie. Totally hung over. And I had to watch this movie, simply because I couldn’t find an economical way of torturing myself.
The entire story can be summed up in a few lines. One only wishes the movie had been just as short. Really really short. As short as the actresses skimpy clothes. I believe the producer had a shoe-string budget or his daughter was held for ransom and he was compelled to wrap up with the movie in a day. Let's not even talk about the actors, the less we talk the better… or the jarring music…Even Sonu ‘n Abhijit couldn’t save the sinking boat… Too many inane characters spoil the broth, which was an insubstantial stew to begin with. Not to mention that there are 26 dogs in the movie, way more than the number of characters. And no prizes for guessing their names – Amar, Akbar Anthony Jai Veeru ‘n all bollywood crap. Really didn’t know whether it was meant to be comical. But the actor who stands out is Mogambo – one of the pet dogs. Exceptionally brilliant acting. A tough contender for AB at the Filmfare. Huh
Dialogues are the worst part of the movie. Nothing can beat the most powerful dialogue of the movie. “Mein sirf bolna jaanti hoon, kehna nahi” Leaves you wondering whether you really spoke Hindi back in school. The actors don’t even realize what they are talking. And suddenly speculate whether you could have written better dialogues.
Perhaps it's time we all take a break from the Hindi cinema and rethink our style of entertainment.
P.S. On second thoughts, I feel I can write really tormenting reviews. Guess reading indiatimes reviews has finally helped.
The entire story can be summed up in a few lines. One only wishes the movie had been just as short. Really really short. As short as the actresses skimpy clothes. I believe the producer had a shoe-string budget or his daughter was held for ransom and he was compelled to wrap up with the movie in a day. Let's not even talk about the actors, the less we talk the better… or the jarring music…Even Sonu ‘n Abhijit couldn’t save the sinking boat… Too many inane characters spoil the broth, which was an insubstantial stew to begin with. Not to mention that there are 26 dogs in the movie, way more than the number of characters. And no prizes for guessing their names – Amar, Akbar Anthony Jai Veeru ‘n all bollywood crap. Really didn’t know whether it was meant to be comical. But the actor who stands out is Mogambo – one of the pet dogs. Exceptionally brilliant acting. A tough contender for AB at the Filmfare. Huh
Dialogues are the worst part of the movie. Nothing can beat the most powerful dialogue of the movie. “Mein sirf bolna jaanti hoon, kehna nahi” Leaves you wondering whether you really spoke Hindi back in school. The actors don’t even realize what they are talking. And suddenly speculate whether you could have written better dialogues.
Perhaps it's time we all take a break from the Hindi cinema and rethink our style of entertainment.
P.S. On second thoughts, I feel I can write really tormenting reviews. Guess reading indiatimes reviews has finally helped.

7 Comments:
I guess instead of wasting money on such crap the producer should donate money to the homeless or invest in research
did u really see that complete movie ?? It yes, then hats off to u d00d! I cudn't stand it!
I told you I was chained to my seat by my friends. I was ‘released’ only after the bitter ordeal. It is the 3rd degree torture you get if you skip your cooking turn in the USofA.
this feels like some B grade movie i thankfully hvnt seen also...
real sad..terrible review...
n tell me who all are the stars??:)apart frm the 26 dogs ie..
but wht takes the cake has to b the terrific dialogue!!man tht rocks..
So another cheap B-grade flick that comes during the PLs. I must watch this drivel now to keep my sanity intact! ;-)
Wish you had used the power and knowledge of your words in something more productive and in something more positive...rather than criticism of meaningless movies... :)
I enjoyed your drum handling equipment blog. You might like this website : **LongIslandDrumInstruction.com**
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home