‘Born’ ‘n Bombed Identity
For the Swiss, I’m French.
For the Americans, I’m Italian.
For Afro-Americans, I’m American.
For the Turks and Chinese, I’m Iranian.
For Tamilians, I’m a Maharashtrian.
For Maharashtrians, I’m a South Indian.
For others, I’m debatably short and fair .
For all my family members, I’m a dark kid.
And all this has not happened for the first time with one person at one point of time. It’s the same story, each day of my life. It’s so frustrating. Identity Crisis is killing me at this stage of my life… :(
For the Americans, I’m Italian.
For Afro-Americans, I’m American.
For the Turks and Chinese, I’m Iranian.
For Tamilians, I’m a Maharashtrian.
For Maharashtrians, I’m a South Indian.
For others, I’m debatably short and fair .
For all my family members, I’m a dark kid.
And all this has not happened for the first time with one person at one point of time. It’s the same story, each day of my life. It’s so frustrating. Identity Crisis is killing me at this stage of my life… :(

16 Comments:
Since when have you been dark in complexion?
Is that Prakash writing this post? I can not believe.
Dude, I totally understand what you're going through.
In college and Infy about 100 people have asked me which part of Bengal I come from :)
And there was this guy at Merc who asked me if I was, wait for it, wait for it, *drum roll and all* a Panju, because I seem to come off as a very arrogant dude :))
And the funniest
A guy in college actually said he'd just found out that I was Marathi and had believed up till then that I was a Kashmiri :)) Haha. I'm like, "Dude, WTF? Are you stupid or something?" :))
For those who haven't seen me, I am sun bronzed (or burnt - depends on the season) and typically Marathi. Which is why this is pretty wierd.
So you see, dear Piku, you are in esteemed company.
Hi,
Your blogs made me feel homesick for the US! Went to Temple for a sememster when I first came to the US long long ago, then moved to DC. Now back in Bangalore as an expat. Hoping to go back soon. Anyway, good luck with your thesis.
so.. none of the Maharashtrian look like Maharashtrian.... ;-)
No offence meant..
it happens.. when i was in pondicherry.... every one used to speak in tamil with me.. thinking that i am Tamilian.. ofcourse because of my complextion.. ;-)
@Sir/sushrut - What crime have I committed now???
@Sean - Thanks for giving me membership to this elite group. I'm blessed. :) also, yet again, the comment is longer than the post itself. :D
@Adarsh - Its kinda harsh if they call you a Tamilian, I guess. A henious crime has been committed.
@Suj - Ex-lawyer!!! sounds kewl.. Plz don't sue me for racial 'discrimination'...
@Anonymous - I'm the darkest in my family. boo-hoo :( Check my snaps in the post below this one...
hey clientu,
dont worry , my advising is open to all breeds and habitats!
consu.
hilarious.... i am rolling on da floor :)....
@consu - I'm blessed to have a consu like you.
@aniket - Why do you think its hilarious??? X-(
:)..Multiculturak identity crisis sounds so funny..
thts okay a lot of ppl here think if i m Punjabi..its okay..
as for Shauny well i initially thot u were bengali too :)
Prak..for the fst 2 yrs i belived u were a south Indian..n trust me it took a lot of convincing to tell ppl wht ur cultural roots r like..:)
You committed the crime of writing a PRAK-UNLIKE-POST with a lot of unanswered questions and most importantly, a negative shade.
whats wrong in being called as tamilian...?
Trust me, it's the "ex" part that's cool!
I think u r a gujarati .. Hiak Hiak Hiak ..Hee Hee Hee
You and dark. That's a bit hard to believe. Anyways, how's it hangin'?
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home