Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Wah Ustad


Penn State had the pleasure of hosting the master sarod performers in the world, maestro Amjad Ali Khan’s two sons Amaan Ali Bangash and Ayaan Ali Bangash, with Sandeep Das on the tabla. Listening to this music was like attaining Nirvana.!!! I’m neither a critic nor a connoisseur of classical music, although my parents used to drag me to almost every other musical concert in town. But, I must say I thoroughly enjoyed this concert and I’m offering my personal impressions and reflections of an unforgettable evening.

Amaan and Ayaan are the youngest members of India's oldest Sarod playing family - their father is Sarod King Amjad Ali Khan. The two sarod maestros glued everyone to their seats for more than an hour. There were several spontaneous thunderous applauses at various points when the appreciative multi-ethnic audience. The elegant, soft-spoken and unassuming maestros Amaan and Ayann, and the tabla player Sandeep Das created timeless music with their unconditional mastery over their instruments. There was liveliness and passionate concentration, faint ripples and rushing musical waves, perfect symphonic harmony and individual displays of unique talents.

If anyone has the chance to see these two do their thing, by all means go! You will be glad that you did!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

seems like a lot of fun!
i havent heard too much classical also..but the concerts i hv gone to also left me with a similar feel! :)

Friday, September 30, 2005 12:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home