Friday, August 20, 2004

Life's Rule number 1: Never ‘maaz’ on secretaries and waiters….

Okie, I don’t need to give any introduction about myself in this domain.. Even the world’s best supercomputers will loose count on the number of times I’ve ‘maazed’ on the above mentioned category of people….

Note this peculiar incident. Before getting into my lab, I had met Dr. Werner, my guide, on a number of occasions. I used to mostly meet him when he used to be extremely busy. Well the fact is that he publishes so many technical papers that if he sits to update them on his site he mite have completed another technical paper already…. Thatz juz to give you a fair idea that ‘me’ humans are nothing in front of him….

I used to pass his secretary often. She is Chinese. And then she used to ask occasional questions as to why I wanted to meet him etc… And that was it… Fortunately (as I realize now) I din act smart….

Then, on the first day of my project when Dr. Werner came along with me to the ground floor to hand over the department keys to me. It was then that his secretary passed by. When he spoke to her and came over to me. We caught the lift and headed towards the lift…..

On our way up in the lift Dr. Werner told me “Well that was my wife!!!”

Need I say anything more……

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

finally..the day dawned!....you will stop maazing on those poor waiters and (waitresses) now!...Am i an amazing consultant or what??????:)..kay samandhe hyacha..
rujuta

Saturday, August 21, 2004 5:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home