Friday the 13th
Friday the 13th
Well, all of you know that generally I’m the one least bothered about results… Although I’m a lot skeptical…. Yesterday it blew my mind off…. Okie lez see how it all began… The dooms day – Friday the 13th…
My roomies and me kept joking all nite that tmrw is our result… And we are miles away from Pune… And stuff about going back in December… u know… And then we got up early, said our prayers, wished each other all the best and then took the bus…. We kept joking all along… And then we reached the computer lab.. We prayed for a minute while the computer booted and then flash flash flash…
Host of offliners… ‘hum engineer ban gaye’.. And all… happy to hear that I went thru the offliners to see my results… Pooof nothing at all… Then Sir was online… I asked him whatz up?? He said he scored 76%... He asked me how much I scored??? I said I dunno… He told me mads, ru and neets marks… 73, 72 and 71.66%... I was very impatient… I asked him if he could call up Upasna or Gargi… I couldn’t remember other’s mobiles… loooong wait. Sir had to go outside the lab and call… Then he came back… He said “I’m extremely sorry”…. I thought I had flunked so he is saying so… He said calls to Ups mobile were blocked and Gargi had no clue… I told him to come online and ask my parents to come online. Bechare Sir.. He was leaving for Mumbai and I was troubling… Unfortunately for me… No other soul was online… Damn…
My parents came online… They had no clue that the results were out… I told them to call Akhi… He hadn’t pick his results too… Damn… Then a long list of phone calls ensued….
Mad’s Dad…
Nilufer (Who was in a movie hall…)
Gargi (who had no clue)
Mukta (who din know my exam number)
Saurabh and Rohan (who weren’t traceable)
Shweta (Her mobile was blocked)
And so was Upasna’s
Akhilesh (who din have a clue either)
And Jayant (whom I had told to collect the marksheet was missing)
So my parents made all frantic calls… I was waitng and waiting… 2 hours flew bye… Many anxious moments…. I had this feeling that I had flunked and thatz why none of my friends had contacted my place to give the bad news… L
By then I had given up… My parents couldn’t find my No-dues certificate too.. So that means things were even more doubtful… It was really frustrating.. I had a meeting with one of my professors. He talked with me for a lotta time… Then he gave me three books and said read it till next week. Oh yeah.. The main thing… So have you graduated this year… I told him “Sir I’m in the process of graduating..” I bet he din understand….
I came back to the lab… My friends were anxious…But, there wasn’t a thing we could do sitting here in America… And then we proceeded home… I had totally given up. My parents had told me that they would let me know by night. That is 8:00 a.m. IST… I was hoping to come back online at 10:00 p.m. I reached home and realized that the labs close by 10:00 p.m. So, I had to go and call my brother to find out my marks.
We had dinner and then I went on to read my book – ‘The Unsolved Mystery’ When my result itself seemed the biggest mystery of all times… It was 9:00 p.m. and I had to catch the last bus at 11:46 p.m… Go to downtown and call my bro in time to catch the last bus back home… And god knows why I dozed off while reading the book.. Another Unsolved mystery…
I got up at 6:22 a.m. today… It was disaster… I had forgotten to go… The first bus was at 6:47 a.m… I hurried… Only to realize that I had read it all wrong… The bus timings are different on the weekends. The first bus on the weekends is only at 8:00 a.m. Frustrated I came back home. I thought of taking a cycle to downtown.. But it seemed impossible. Bcoz, first thing its far off and I din know the bike route. So I thought of going to the nearby shopping complex and making a call to my brother.
I took the bicycle and proceeded to Walmart – the shopping store. It was my first biking expedition. I din know where to park my bike. Biking rules are strict here. And there is a fear of it getting towed. I juz left it in the parking lot with the cars. Din care a damn.. Then went inside to the phone booth. And as luck had it again.. .The phone was not working…. Damn Damn Damn…. I went mad…
Drove back hom.. It was 7:00 a.m. And then I had to wait for an hour to catch the first bus at 8:00 a.m. to campus so that I could reach the lab which opens at 8:00 a.m. I caught the bus and reached the lab. Only to find out that the lab opens on Saturday at 9:00 a.m. I was frustrated by then. I walked to downtown to call my brother. I finally got hold of one. I called him.. Put 4 quarters = $1 and the phone kept ringing. I knew he was asleep. I cut the phone to call him up again… And poof the coins din come out. I had no more quarters. I went to a dozen shops to get change. But they hadn’t opened their cash registers as yet. I walked back to campus till the lab opened…. It was a real long wait…
I walked into the builing at nine as the church bell rang… Only to find the lab closed. I waited for the consultant to come.. And then she finally did…. I logged on and yeah I had finally passed. First was HOD’s offliner “Hearitest Congratulations” then my parents “ you scored 74.22% and stood 4th in class.”
And the wait had ended….. Finally………….
P.S. I’m really sorry Jayant for being really pissed off with you… Hope you forgive me…
Well, all of you know that generally I’m the one least bothered about results… Although I’m a lot skeptical…. Yesterday it blew my mind off…. Okie lez see how it all began… The dooms day – Friday the 13th…
My roomies and me kept joking all nite that tmrw is our result… And we are miles away from Pune… And stuff about going back in December… u know… And then we got up early, said our prayers, wished each other all the best and then took the bus…. We kept joking all along… And then we reached the computer lab.. We prayed for a minute while the computer booted and then flash flash flash…
Host of offliners… ‘hum engineer ban gaye’.. And all… happy to hear that I went thru the offliners to see my results… Pooof nothing at all… Then Sir was online… I asked him whatz up?? He said he scored 76%... He asked me how much I scored??? I said I dunno… He told me mads, ru and neets marks… 73, 72 and 71.66%... I was very impatient… I asked him if he could call up Upasna or Gargi… I couldn’t remember other’s mobiles… loooong wait. Sir had to go outside the lab and call… Then he came back… He said “I’m extremely sorry”…. I thought I had flunked so he is saying so… He said calls to Ups mobile were blocked and Gargi had no clue… I told him to come online and ask my parents to come online. Bechare Sir.. He was leaving for Mumbai and I was troubling… Unfortunately for me… No other soul was online… Damn…
My parents came online… They had no clue that the results were out… I told them to call Akhi… He hadn’t pick his results too… Damn… Then a long list of phone calls ensued….
Mad’s Dad…
Nilufer (Who was in a movie hall…)
Gargi (who had no clue)
Mukta (who din know my exam number)
Saurabh and Rohan (who weren’t traceable)
Shweta (Her mobile was blocked)
And so was Upasna’s
Akhilesh (who din have a clue either)
And Jayant (whom I had told to collect the marksheet was missing)
So my parents made all frantic calls… I was waitng and waiting… 2 hours flew bye… Many anxious moments…. I had this feeling that I had flunked and thatz why none of my friends had contacted my place to give the bad news… L
By then I had given up… My parents couldn’t find my No-dues certificate too.. So that means things were even more doubtful… It was really frustrating.. I had a meeting with one of my professors. He talked with me for a lotta time… Then he gave me three books and said read it till next week. Oh yeah.. The main thing… So have you graduated this year… I told him “Sir I’m in the process of graduating..” I bet he din understand….
I came back to the lab… My friends were anxious…But, there wasn’t a thing we could do sitting here in America… And then we proceeded home… I had totally given up. My parents had told me that they would let me know by night. That is 8:00 a.m. IST… I was hoping to come back online at 10:00 p.m. I reached home and realized that the labs close by 10:00 p.m. So, I had to go and call my brother to find out my marks.
We had dinner and then I went on to read my book – ‘The Unsolved Mystery’ When my result itself seemed the biggest mystery of all times… It was 9:00 p.m. and I had to catch the last bus at 11:46 p.m… Go to downtown and call my bro in time to catch the last bus back home… And god knows why I dozed off while reading the book.. Another Unsolved mystery…
I got up at 6:22 a.m. today… It was disaster… I had forgotten to go… The first bus was at 6:47 a.m… I hurried… Only to realize that I had read it all wrong… The bus timings are different on the weekends. The first bus on the weekends is only at 8:00 a.m. Frustrated I came back home. I thought of taking a cycle to downtown.. But it seemed impossible. Bcoz, first thing its far off and I din know the bike route. So I thought of going to the nearby shopping complex and making a call to my brother.
I took the bicycle and proceeded to Walmart – the shopping store. It was my first biking expedition. I din know where to park my bike. Biking rules are strict here. And there is a fear of it getting towed. I juz left it in the parking lot with the cars. Din care a damn.. Then went inside to the phone booth. And as luck had it again.. .The phone was not working…. Damn Damn Damn…. I went mad…
Drove back hom.. It was 7:00 a.m. And then I had to wait for an hour to catch the first bus at 8:00 a.m. to campus so that I could reach the lab which opens at 8:00 a.m. I caught the bus and reached the lab. Only to find out that the lab opens on Saturday at 9:00 a.m. I was frustrated by then. I walked to downtown to call my brother. I finally got hold of one. I called him.. Put 4 quarters = $1 and the phone kept ringing. I knew he was asleep. I cut the phone to call him up again… And poof the coins din come out. I had no more quarters. I went to a dozen shops to get change. But they hadn’t opened their cash registers as yet. I walked back to campus till the lab opened…. It was a real long wait…
I walked into the builing at nine as the church bell rang… Only to find the lab closed. I waited for the consultant to come.. And then she finally did…. I logged on and yeah I had finally passed. First was HOD’s offliner “Hearitest Congratulations” then my parents “ you scored 74.22% and stood 4th in class.”
And the wait had ended….. Finally………….
P.S. I’m really sorry Jayant for being really pissed off with you… Hope you forgive me…

3 Comments:
Prak
I can really understand the state of mind you must have experienced and the kind of sleep you have had.
Anyway It turned out good..Damn good. didnt it.
CONGRATULATIONS
Also read about your new family and the comments. I hope you will have a very good year ahead. Specially with continued Ex-Muktangan ites interaction!!! :)
Best Wishes!
My Dear Dumbo,
I am SOOOOO sorry for doing nothing but adding to your troubles that day! Wish I could do otherwise.........
This is also to say I reached Mpls safely.will write tomorrow,
see you,
Congracts!
Dumbo
hi clentu,
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!..ani as is the tradition..tu ani madhura treat dya na!...jayashree will be just fine...
kadhi yeu??.
rujuta
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home