So dark the con of the man...
I saw Da Vinci code, the other night. And to be honest, I'm pretty happy with it!!!! I guess the media is always being extremely critical by rating it 1.5 / 5.0. Thats ridiculous. And lets not even get into the discussion about the controversy it has stirred globally.
If the movie is short, they say it didn't cover the book comprehensively. If its too long, they say the director has gotten into much detail and its totally haphazard. If the script has its own dialogs, they say the director has diverged from the book and if its the same, they say one might as well read the book instead. Reviewers cannot write in favor of a movie these days. Or maybe thats their job. Just to blindly criticize the movie!! And people who read these reviews before going to movie, are in that frame of mind.
No film till date has matched up with the book it has been based upon. But I feel director Ron Howard has done a fine job. For instance, it is supremely difficult to picturize the thought processes of people, particularly those able to crack codes and anagrams. The director does a great job by highlighting it when Robert Langdon solves the anagrams. And to be honest, I got a better understanding of them, when I saw the movie. The script, of course, follows the novel to the letter.
Though there has been some monkeying with plot details, plus some noteworthy exclusions and additions, the 2-hour-and-32-minute film is careful to be as faithful as it feels it can be to all of the book's major plot elements. Especially for all the fans of Tom Hanks, its a big let down though. On screen, Hanks mouths most of the dialogs without emotion. And I didn't quite understand why Sophie (Audrey Tautou) is so confused about her accent – neither English neither French and ends up screwing both. (thanks to rediff for pointing it out). But all in all, the film has an exciting visual texture and a racy pace. I must say, I'm happy!!!
O Draconian devil!
Oh, lame saint!

5 Comments:
you really seem impressed clientu,
jadyaa pustak waach ki!
Hello :o I HAVE read the book!!!
Hmm ur the only one saying tht u like it! i went by the critics too :(
Good movie!
One dimensional book!
Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP Bextra 26 side effects Cheap currency day trading Pathophysiology of allergic asthma sensitization free sex livemovie online without payment Dakota digital reprographic printing ltd Oak express and big sur water beds Clement solicitor general Country primitive home decoration Auto parts new yorker 1966 chrysler Free download popup blocker professionnel Lipitor hematuria Pain relief for sore tongue Saab 93 timing belt Whistler 1140 radar laser detector Orlando florida time share resort Creatine and zyban interior design shows toyota hybrid minivan
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home