Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Working Offline!!! huh???

One thing has always puzzled me ever since I started using the computer. If you have noticed, there is a 'Work Offline' option in Internet Explorer/Mozilla . Pretty much an oxymoron, I believe.... But then I was proven wrong yesterday. It really made a hell lotta sense.

I've been using a development beta version of a software which was released by the Computer Science Department of Wisconsin Madison. And there was a virus/worm attack and they lost all the data yesterday. And surprisingly for such a reputed Department, they hadn't even backed up their data. Even my nephew saves his projects onto a tape drive each week. Neways, they requested all the users to send in whatever data/webpages which was stored in our cache. This can be accessed by activating the 'Work Offline' option in the File Menu. It was then I realized its true worth... I sent them as many webpages and data i could find in my cache. And they were extremely grateful.

Here's the reply we got 'Thanks! Thanks! Thanks!! :-) -Sys admin

Guess everything is there for a reason.... Microsoft is not all that dumb after all :-)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

:)
^:)^
rujuta

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 11:37:00 AM  
Blogger Sushrut said...

keep work offline mode on and try signing in msn messenger..

Thursday, October 27, 2005 7:05:00 AM  
Blogger Prakash said...

@Consu - ^:)^ That was a part of your lesson... :P

@Sir - Yeh kya stud fotu hain ;) BTW, what happens when you sign into MSN??? I didn't find any problem in that. It said my IE settings weren't correctly set.

Thursday, October 27, 2005 10:08:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

wht happens with this MSN..i didnt get tht!

Friday, October 28, 2005 7:51:00 AM  
Blogger Schrodinger said...

I understand that you were excited about the Work offline funda! Its not enough reason however to call Microsoft, "not dumb". Dont get soo carried away!

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 3:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home