Friday, October 01, 2004

Is it Friday yet????

Oh man…. This is one heck of a lab and it was one heck of a day… These guys around here are so helpful.. Too much… I’m thoroughly humbled…

I set out with a new project today.. and this new antenna had to be designed in a totally new software IE3D… Unfortunately, there is only one licensed copy of the software in Penn State University… (We are living in America where piracy is looked down upon… I’ve buried all my ‘highly’ pirated CDs in the deepest dark corners of the earth..:-) So it meant that I had to share the copy with 3 other folks… Not a really good start…

Most of the guys in the lab were making plans for the weekend.. Ppl seemed to be in their own world… But, fortunately Craig lent me the copy for today… Matt lent me the manual… Doug came down in the afternoon and taught me some simple designs.. But, when I sat designing the actual code it kept crashing repeatedly…

As it was Friday, I din dare discuss any of my ‘crashing’ problems.. Doug came down again and looked at my design.. and within a few minutes half the people in the lab got my design thru the network and were busy debugging it…. I was really impressed..

Finally Doug found the bug ‘n I sent it for simulation… Although it’s a Saturday, Doug promised me that he would drop in and teach me the next part of the design simulation… These folks out here seem to be way way ahead…. In every aspect… Hats off to them… I stop here before I begin the BIG controversial debate…. No controversial topics on my blog… I have been advised….

And finally its Friday – over and out…. Big day for me though…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home