What is this life, full of care…
Sorry, I had a big halt in Bombay this time due to torrential rains.… Inconvinience is regretted...
The other day I had to rush back home at around 11:00 a.m. I had forgotten some stuff back home… And when I opened the door to my room I found something really weird. Something was totally out of place and I wasn’t sure what it was… I juz couldn’t guess reason why… But, I ain’t got much time then; for the next bus was to arrive soon… hence I grabbed my stuff ‘n was off. But, I was still pondering over it when I was traveling to campus in the bus….
And then it struck me… Eureka!!!! My room had been illuminated by ‘day-light’… Had not seen it in the last 2 months… Leaving before sunrise ‘n coming home late nite.. Its funny that we don’t realize the smallest things in our hectic schedule….
That reminds me of that beautiful poem Leisure by W.H. Davies… What is this life if, full of care, We have no time to stand and stare….
Enjoy this poem from school…

4 Comments:
Dumbo,
It would do you a lot of good to actually remember those words :-)
And then you will always have people who care for you and about the daylight funda, I am telling u again don't press yourself too hard kiddo!! :-(
Madhura
Prak
Everyhting you try to convey through the poem is true.
And also what the other dumbo has commented. Please, dont over-exert!
Hope you will settle soon!
hi prakash..
was reading through your blogs..and came across this one..just for records..i have the poem..so am posting it here..it's a poem i love,so couldn't resist it..:)
take care..
LEISURE - W.H.Davies
What is this life if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.
No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows.
No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.
No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night.
No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance.
No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began.
A poor life this if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.
smiles and sunshine,amrita
i am sorry,i noticed the poem in the next post later..!!
smiles and sunshine,amrita.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home