Sunday, October 24, 2004

My first resignation and it comes with a twist.

The other day I filed my first resignation at the Café Union Street. Days and nites were getting hectic and so I thought I should call it ‘quits’.
And the interesting part was when I spoke to Kim, the Manager in-charge. She was very disappointed. First she thought I was kidding. There are generally around 1000 more students who work in the café ‘n no one has any track of who comes and goes. But, I worked with Kim to get well acquainted with her for the last 3 weeks. She told me that I should have told her before. She said that I was the best around there ‘n that she was ready to offer any other job in the café to me.
It was indeed a very awkward feeling I should say. I didn’t know what to say… Never knew Quitting a job would be difficult too…

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah....
Quitting anything you are attached to is always bad.
let it be a job or anything for that matter......

Monday, October 25, 2004 11:13:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Huh!
What's with you and all these females, dumbo!!!!!

Monday, October 25, 2004 2:40:00 PM  
Blogger Sushrut said...

Good to see a post here after a long time here.
I am more than happy because now I hope you will find some time for urself.

and well said - the second commentator :)

Monday, October 25, 2004 3:47:00 PM  
Blogger Prakash said...

Hey,
Give it a break. 'Unfortunately' Cafe Union Street is powered by a dozen female managers. juz a coincidence. It is 'professional' relationship u c. Don't misinterpret and put erroneous comments. There are small kids reading my blogs.
And Vikas - yeah i really admire your patience. But, then you joined Intel after resigning these jobs 'n now i'm jobless...Thatz the difference. :-) Thankx for dropping by...
Cheers,
-Prak

Tuesday, October 26, 2004 3:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home